Last night I was craving something good. Something really good. Then I remembered a post on a blog I follow called A Nutritionist Eats. The author recently wrote about goat-cheese stuffed bacon-wrapped dates. Wow! While I’m not eating much dairy lately, I usually have bacon and dates on hand. So I made a simpler version.
SUPER SIMPLE BACON-WRAPPED DATES
Inspired by A Nutritionist Eats
- Dates (I used Medjool)
- Bacon (I used an organic, no nitrate added version; U.S. Wellness Meats makes a Whole30 approved bacon.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Cut each date in half and remove the pit. (NOTE: Most recipes I found involve wrapping a whole date, but I used half a date for each piece. I thought the crispy-to-caramelly ratio was better that way.)
- Wrap each half date in a half slice of bacon; continue until you have “enough” (like that’s even possible).
- Arranged wrapped dates seam-side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is brown and crispy.
Enjoy! And believe me, you will.