While doing the Whole 30, I never really felt deprived. Sure, a glass of wine would have been nice. But overall, sticking to the plan wasn’t that big of a deal. I think it’s because I tend to prefer savory foods over sweet ones. (Plus, I got amazing results!) My weakness? Potato chips. I can’t even keep them in the house. Although these baked sweet potato “chips” don’t have the same addictive crunch as traditional potato chips, they’re quite good and easy to make!
BAKED CHILI-LIME SWEET POTATO “CHIPS”
Inspired by a Bunch of Different Recipes
- Sweet potatoes, sliced very thin (You can use a mandoline for quick slicing; I used a knife.)
- Coconut oil, melted (You could also use clarified butter or olive oil.)
- Garlic salt
- Chili powder (You could also use a chili-lime seasoning mix.)
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat or drizzle the sweet potato slices with the melted coconut oil.
- Arrange the slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle the slices with seasonings.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, flipping halfway through baking, until the sweet potatoes are beginning to brown. (NOTE: Check the sweet potatoes frequently to avoid burning the smaller slices.)
- Serve with lime wedges for spritzing and enjoy! (Sprinkling with lime zest and a little coarse salt would be nice, too.)